Customize Your Check Card FAQs
- What is Customize Your Check Card?
Customize Your Check Card allows you to customize your debit card by uploading a personal custom image or choosing one from our gallery of distinct images for display on the front of your personal debit card.
- Who may request a personalized card with Customize Your Check Card?
Any member of the credit union that has a debit card can submit a request.
- Can I have a different card image than my secondary cardholder?
Yes, the Primary and Secondary cardholders will have the ability to customize their card.
- If I create a custom card, will other cardholders on the account receive the same card?
No, when you use Customize Your Check Card you are customizing your own card. New plastics are sent to all cardholders with an updated expiration date, but their standard Argent image will not be affected by your custom card request.
- Why do all cardholders on the account receive a new plastic card when someone uses Customize Your Check Card?
When a cardholder uses Customize Your Check Card a new expiration date is set on the account, new plastic cards are sent to all cardholders to ensure their cards have the correct expiration date.
- Do I need to change my debit card number on any pre-existing automatic payments I have established with my existing Argent Check Card?
Your debit card number will remain the same; however, because your new Customized Check Card is issued with a new expiration date, that piece of information will need to be updated with your vendor.
- How do I design my own card?
First, upload a personal image of your own or select from our gallery of images. Second, follow the directions by cropping, rotating or flipping your uploaded image; or confirm the image you selected from our gallery. Finally, review and submit your order. Please note: you cannot edit images from our gallery.
- What image format does Customize Your Check Card require?
Customize Your Check Card requires all photos to be in JPEG (.jpg), PNG, GIF, Bitmap (.bmp) or TIFF format. The image size must be at least 840 pixels by 840 pixels. Keep in mind the larger and higher resolution of your image; the better your card will appear when printed.
- Will my new Customized Check Card need to be activated?
Yes, you will need to activate your new Customized Check Card when you receive it.
- How often can I update my image using Customize Your Check Card?
Once a request is approved on your account, other cardholders on the account need to design their cards the same day to ensure they are not blocked for the specified period. Each account is allowed to customize its Check Card 1 time every 30 days.
- When I order my Customized Check Card, will my PIN number change?
No, your PIN number will remain the same.
- When my card expires, will I have the same unique image on my new card?
Yes, when your card expires the same image as your most recent request will be used. The Customize Your Check Card fee will be charged for each renewal.
- If I lose my card, will my replacement card have my personalized image chosen?
Yes, your new card will have the same image as your most recent request; but remember you should report the card lost immediately to avoid the risks of fraud.
- How will I know if my image has been approved or denied for the Customize Your Check Card?
We will notify you if your image is not approved. The process may take up to 3 business days. The images are verified by our card processor, so we do not have access to the images to confirm for you when they are approved.
- Will I be able to use my current debit card while waiting on my Customized Check Card to be received?
Yes, you will be able to use your existing debit card until your new Customized Check Card is received and activated.
- How long do I have to upload an image for a new Check Card?
You will have 3 business days to upload your own customized image. If an image is not uploaded within those 3 business days a standard Argent Check Card will be ordered.