Ruby A. Robinson Scholarship
Ruby was one of the first full-time Credit Union employees. She began her employment on February 16, 1963, and retired from the Credit Union on February 26, 1993. The Ruby A. Robinson Scholarship Program was created in 1992 to commemorate Ruby’s many years of dedicated service to the Credit Union and its membership. Two deserving seniors will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship each towards their college education. The deadline for the 2022 scholarships has passed.
Or email: Scholarships@ArgentCU.org
Rose E. Baggerly Rising Leaders Scholarship
The Rose E. Baggerly Scholarship was created to honor Rose’s many years of dedication to the credit union and its members. Her commitment to the membership extended beyond the credit union walls, and she served in many volunteer and leadership capacities for organizations dedicated to the credit union movement in Virginia. Rose Baggerly also served on the Board of the Virginia Credit Union League and in the capacity of Chairman of the Board. She has also served on the supervisory committee for Virginia-based Credit Union’s Corporate Credit Union and has served on the Board of the Credit Union Service Company of Virginia for over 20 years. Rose’s contributions to Argent Credit Union and the credit union movement are now being recognized this year with the Rose E. Baggerly Rising Leaders Scholarship.
Argent Credit Union is excited to be able to hand-select one very deserving high school senior who will receive a $2,500 scholarship towards their college education. The deadline for the 2022 scholarships has passed.
Or email: Scholarships@ArgentCU.org
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicant must be an Argent Credit Union member.
- Must be a graduating senior accepted into or enrolled full-time in an accredited undergraduate program at a college, trade school or university. A minimum of 12 credit hours per semester is required.
- All sections of the application must be completed.
- Essay must be between 250-500 words and double-spaced.
- Official, sealed transcript from your school that contains your minimum weighted GPA 2.8+, unweighted GPA and SAT or ACT scores. If sent electronically, transcripts must be emailed by school official. (For home school students, grades must be accompanied by standardized test results.)
Ruby A. Robinson Scholarship Essay Topics:
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
- Argent Credit Union is committed to the well-being of our community by supporting local, charitable, and social causes. Please explain the importance to you of community involvement or providing service to others.
Rose E. Baggerly Rising Leaders Scholarship Essay Topics:
- If you were to start your own charity today, what would it be and why?
- Give an example of how you have demonstrated leadership and include a description of your leadership style.
- Describe the hardest or most challenging obstacle you have ever faced in your life. How has the experience impacted you and developed your leadership skills?
Printed applications can also be mailed to:
Argent Credit Union
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 72
Chesterfield, VA 23832
The deadline for the 2022 scholarships has passed.
Incomplete applications will be rejected and will not be considered for the scholarship. Electronic applications must be submitted by a school official. Please verify with your school that documents can be submitted electronically.
Argent Credit Union employees, Board of Directors, and members of their respective households are not eligible to apply for or receive Argent Credit Union scholarships. If this applies to you at the time of application or when winners are announced, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.
The decision of the judges is final. The scholarship recipients waive rights of publicity and agree that Argent may use their name and images in promotional materials. If the recipient is a minor, parental consent to the same terms is required. The scholarship award will be paid directly to the recipient’s institution of higher education. If selected to receive a scholarship from Argent, the award is contingent upon agreeing to terms and conditions, and providing Argent Credit Union with the information requested to disburse payment including a college acceptance letter, date of enrollment, financial aid department address, and contact information, in addition to social security number and student ID number. Argent is not responsible for lost or illegible applications. This offer is subject to change at any time.
Email Scholarships@ArgentCU.org or call 804.748.9488 ext. 3351 with any questions regarding any of our 2022 scholarships.
Sorry, the submission window for this scholarship has passed.