A mortgage refinance is your chance to secure lower rates, get a different term and monthly payment, or access equity for any purpose.
Benefits of an Argent Credit Union Mortgage Refinance
Save Money With a Lower APR
Payments on your original loan mean your credit has likely improved so you can get a better rate.
Change Your Payment
Shorten your term and pay off your loan faster or extend your term for a lower monthly payment.
Tap Into Your Equity
You can cashout if you’ve built up enough equity since taking out your original home loan.
Switch from ARM to Fixed Rates
If market rates are going up, you can get ahead of the game and lock in competitive rates.
Mortgage Refinance Details
A mortgage refinance means you replace your existing home loan with a new and better one.
Consider a refi if you:
- Are unhappy with your current lender.
- Think you can qualify for lower rates.
- Want to switch from an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) to a fixed-rate mortgage.
- Want to cash out your equity to fund home improvements, a vacation, debt consolidation, and more.
Applying for a Mortgage Refinance Is Easy Because You’ve Done It All Before!
Fill Out Our Online Application Form
Just gather the same kind of information from your original mortgage and enter it into our simple online portal.
Pre-Qualify for Your Mortgage Refinance
A mortgage loan officer will contact you by the next business day and check that you’re eligible for the refinance.
Enjoy Your New Rates and Payments!
Once approved, we’ll confirm the details of your refinance and you’ll begin making payments on your new home loan.
“Stress-free mortgage experience.”
– Diane M.Y.
“Talking about going the EXTRA MILE. Thanks!”
– Travis T.
“Great service and caring team!”
– Deborah B.
FAQs About Mortgage Refinancing
What rates will I get for my mortgage refinance?
Just like for your original home loan, the new interest rate and annual percentage rate (APR) for your mortgage refinance will be determined by your credit score. The higher your score, the lower your mortgage rates.
The good news is, if you’ve been making timely payments on your mortgage for some time, your credit score has likely gone up – so you’ll qualify for better rates.
What are the reasons people refinance their mortgage?
One of the most common reasons for a mortgage refinance is to get a lower APR than you had for your original mortgage, or to switch from an adjustable rate to a fixed rate.
Another reason is to change your monthly payment.
- If your finances have improved and you want to pay your mortgage off faster, you could reduce your loan term and make a higher monthly payment.
- If you chose a shorter term and are struggling to make your payments, you could switch to a longer term for a lower monthly payment.
- Getting lower interest rates will also reduce your monthly payment.
Do I need to supply any specific information or documents to Argent when I apply for my mortgage refinance?
When applying for your mortgage refinance, you’ll need to provide an Argent loan officer with all the same kinds of documents and information as for your original home loan:
- Driver’s license or DMV-issued ID
- Social Security number
- Proof of your physical address (not your mailing address, if it’s different)
- Tax returns
- Pay stubs, W-2s, and any other proof of income
- Bank statements and evidence of any other assets
- Gift letters if someone is helping you with your down payment
- Information about your current home loan and lender
Note: We will access your credit history by requesting a credit report.
Do I need to become a member at Argent to get a mortgage refinance?
Yes, you do need to become a member – and we can help you join as part of your home loan application.Membership eligibility is open to individuals living, working, attending school, worshiping or volunteer in the following counties:
- The city of Richmond
Membership is also available to family members or housemates who meet the above criteria. To be eligible, members must also be at least 18 years of age and be a US citizen or resident alien.
Why join Argent?
When you join Argent, you’re joining a member-owned not-for-profit organization with a board of directors who are elected by their fellow credit union members.
We are not obligated to outside stockholders, so all of our profits go right back to our members in the form of no, or lower fees, lower interest rates, and higher dividends.
Additional benefits include free notary services, scholarships, as well as other great perks.