Network and Systems Support
Full Time Network and Systems Support working from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position requires a flexible work schedule to include holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
Develops custom scripts to enhance the utilization of the core computer system. Assists in the customization of reports. Handles network peripherals to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and documentation. Under general supervision, performs assigned duties and exercises judgement where appropriate within established guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically supports and leads by example the credit union mission, values, goals and policies.
- Provides exceptional service to both members and internal customers.
- Contributes to the team achievement of departmental goals by meeting or exceeding individual goals.
- Configures, installs, and upgrades, as necessary, software and hardware in new and existing computer workstations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems with end user hardware, operating systems, software applications and network connectivity.
- Develops batch scripts to assist in custom utilization of the core computer system.
- Catalogs software and hardware and maintains master inventory of users and locations.
- Assists with research of new hardware and software and makes recommendations on purchases.
- Maintains records of software licenses to ensure credit union is in compliance.
- Updates the Support Desk with resolutions to reported problems.
- Performs maintenance changes; runs reports as needed; troubleshoots and works with telephone vendor for problem resolution; and works with staff on telephone issues.
- Performs maintenance updates, monitors and supports the Enterprise Content Management imaging system working with staff and vendors as needed.
- Verifies and ensures backups are made on a regular basis of any standalone applications and maintained at the offsite storage facility as part of records retention.
- Works with the Network Administrator on projects, as needed.
- Backs up the Network Administrator and others in the Information Systems area, as needed.
- Ensures financial security by following internal controls and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Work requires the understanding of the credit union organization. This can normally be acquired through one to two months of on-the-job training.
- Work requires strong knowledge and experience with troubleshooting printers and computer systems operating Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office, and various third party vendor applications.
- Work requires good working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP and associated protocols.
- Work requires understanding of Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
- Work requires valid driver’s license and vehicle to travel between Operations Center and branches as needed.
- Work requires the ability to meet deadlines, to concentrate and pay attention to detail for 100% of the time.
- Work involves lifting computers and peripherals (up to 50 lbs.) on an as-needed basis from ground to desktop or vice versa (approximately 3 feet).
- Work involves bending, kneeling or lying on ground to connect wires to outlets and computers and peripherals.
- Work requires strong analytical skills with a problem-solving and troubleshooting mentality.
- Work requires good written and oral communication skills.
- Work requires flexible work schedule to include holidays, weekends and evening as needed.
- Familiarity with HTML or XML desired.
- Education or experience with Crystal Reports helpful.