Simple Saving Tips
For many, saving money can be a daunting task. Whether you want to save for a particular purchase or have funds available for the unexpected, saving should NOT be overwhelming. Check out these 5 simple ways to make saving easy:
- Count your coins and bills – Pay with cash. At the end of each day, empty your pockets and save that extra change in a jar, a cup, or a small box. When it’s full, deposit your collection directly into your savings account.
- Prep before grocery shopping – Before heading out, check your pantry and make a grocery list, then use coupons and loyalty programs to maximize your savings as you shop. Receipts usually show you how much you’ve saved. Deposit that amount directly into your savings account.
- Cut the cord – Ditch the pricey cable or satellite TV bill and consider switching to an online streaming service. If you choose to stay with cable, bundle your phone, internet and cable to save. Deposit the difference of what you would have spent into your savings account.
- Order smaller servings at restaurants – When dining out, opt for appetizers or split an entree with your companion. Deposit the difference of the full entrée into your savings.
- Lower your car payment. Refinancing to a lower interest rate on your auto loan could save you a considerable amount over the life of your loan.
These 5 tips are simple ways to start the savings process. Everyone’s spending habits are different, so don’t be afraid to think outside of the box. Once you master the simple ways of saving, it will make it easier to transition into others areas.
Argent Credit Union can help you save! Check out our great rates on auto refinancing. And, you make no payment for 60 days helping you save even more.